Friday, April 10, 2026

Sensory Storytime Series

Back in 2021 and 2022, I was feeling pretty run down. It felt like I kept doing the same storytimes over and over; reading the same stories so many times before! Even though repetition is great for little ones, I was starting to get bored with what I was doing. Luckily, my library system is pretty flexible when it comes to storytime options. We do have to meet certain standards, like a baby storytime, a toddler storytime, and a preschool storytime, but some of us also like to mix things up with family storytimes or pajama storytimes just for fun.

I decided I wanted to try something different, so I started exploring sensory storytimes. Honestly, I was and still am a bit underprepared for them, but I’m excited to learn as I go. I’ll be documenting my journey on my blog; sharing resources, research, and my progress along the way. I’ll even post a full storytime plan soon! It might feel like a long process, but my goal is to gain more knowledge and confidence in sensory storytimes by September. So, stay tuned, I can’t wait to see how it unfolds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment