Thursday, July 16, 2026

My Favorite Basic Slime Recipe!

Slime is a fun and popular activity that everyone tends to enjoy. You're unlikely to go wrong if you try making slime! For the stretchiest slime, I recommend this recipe, which I find works really well for impressing a crowd. I didn't come up with this recipe myself; it's not original to me. I believe I found it on a mom blog, so if the original creator happens to see this, please let me know. If not, it's just a simple, basic slime recipe that anyone can try!

Basic Slime Instructions!

  • You Will Need:

    • 1 cup of Elmer's clear school glue

    • 1 tablespoon baking soda

    • 1 ½ – 2 tablespoons Contact Saline Solution 

    • Food coloring 2-3 drops or powder paint

  • Instructions

    • Place glue in bowl. At this point, feel free to put food coloring. Then mix in baking soda.

    • Add 1 ½ tablespoon saline solution/contact solution. If too sticky add another ½ tablespoon. Keep moving it with your hands until it is no longer stick and desired consistency.

    • Pull apart and have fun. Store in zip bag or some other way to seal.


Just to note, I like using contact solution over saline solution. The next day the slime tends to get watery. So, it's not a long term slime. Our long standing glue supply came from a reuse room with the solid waste managment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment